Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Letter To Tommy On Mother’s Day




Dear Tommy,

I was almost done with my monster work day in the middle of a monster run at work when I realized that it was one year ago today that I tried to call Ma and the number was no longer in service.  My heart sank.   I knew.  It took a couple of days to confirm that she had passed. 

I just wanted to thank you for bringing this wonderful person into my life.  Before you left and even more after you did she was there for me in so many ways.  She listened to me when I was down.  She was there for me and rejoiced when times were good. 

I remember the first time I actually got to meet her.  You and she took me trick or treating.  I ate too much candy and Del Taco.  Went home and puked.  Good times…..   lol

I KNOW she loved you and still does with all of her heart.  She told me this every time we talked. 

I miss and love you both Dad. 





1 comment: